Global Outreach Includes:
- Discussion and debate of environmental, developmental, human rights and peace initiatives
- Promoting understanding, tolerance, goodwill and peace, contributing to a well-rounded student.
Schools can help bridge the gap by:
- Providing help to struggling schools through one class, one school or an entire community partnering with a school in a developing country
- Offering assistance to whatever level they are comfortable with, as needs are identified.
- For principals, school staff and students to consider partnering with a school to develop global understanding, tolerance, good will and peace.
- Select to also see: ……….. School Participation/Benefits ………. How Schools Help ………. Sign Us Up!
Organizations or Individuals can help bridge the gap by:
- Financial support to schools through donations
- Sponsor a scholarship or bursary for technical school or university
- Sponsor a teacher to elevate student education levels to high school graduation
- Note: A rural teacher’s salary in Guatemala is approximately $2,500 U.S. per year
- Select to also see: ……….. Service Organizations or Individuals
What Schools Beyond Borders Will Do:
- Locate appropriate schools in developing countries where students lack educational “essentials” – textbooks, adequate nutrition, electricity or clean water
- Contract a trustworthy volunteer liaison/coordinator in each developing country to organize efforts, provide fiscal responsibility and ensure program longevity
- Match North American schools with developing country schools according to educational level (primary or secondary) and language (English or other)
- Maintain ongoing relationships as liaison with both types of schools to share best practices, troubleshoot and audit fiscal responsibility